Your voice in Parliament

I work hard to ensure my constituents' voices are heard in Parliament.

This has included speaking in the House of Commons about the great work of teachers in Barnsley, about how the government can prevent winter deaths in Barnsley and about the work needed to to improve rail links to Barnsley.

I can speak on your behalf in Parliament by asking questions to Ministers in the House of Commons, speaking in debates on topics that matter to constituents, or by calling debates in Parliament, as I did on the subject of excess winter deaths, and on the issue of child poverty.

Others ways I can help you include:

  • Parliamentary Questions – I can ask questions to the Government on behalf of constituents. During my time as the Barnsley Central MP I’ve asked nearly 2,000 such questions on topics ranging from support for carers to the cost of school uniforms for families. You can see the full list of my questions here
  • Supporting campaigns – I am always happy to consider supporting national campaigns. I have done this on a range of issues from supporting calls for a commemorative stamp for Holocaust hero Sir Nicholas Winton, to backing additional research funding for brain tumours.
  • Writing to Ministers – I can write to government Ministers on behalf of constituents, seeking answers or clarification on an issue of concern.

I am always happy to raise issues in Parliament for the people in Barnsley Central. If you would like me to raise an issue on your behalf then please contact me.

To keep up to date with my interventions in Parliament you can subscribe to my regular e-newsletter here.

If you want me to raise an issue in parliament, contact me here.


Sign up for updates from Dan Jarvis